We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, at our discretion. Changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on the Platform. Your continued use of the Platform after we make changes to the Policy constitutes acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates. This Policy is subject to and governed by the Rising Wines Collective Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) available here. Unless otherwise defined in this Policy, the terms used in this Policy have the same meanings as the Terms and Conditions.
The Types of Information Rising Wines Collective Collects about You and How Rising Wines Collective Collects Information
Rising Wines Collective may collect two types of information from you when you visit the Platform: Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively, “Information”).
- “Personal Information” refers to data by which you may be personally identified, such as name, phone number, and email address.
- “Non-Personal Information” means data that is about you that does not identify you specifically. If you do nothing during your visit to our Platform but browse, read pages, or view content, we will gather and store information about your visit that does not identify you personally.
Sources of Information. We may collect Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us or through our communications with you.
- From other sources or third parties.
- From our services providers, such as our ordering platform or email marketing platform.
- Automatically as you use our Platform.
- Through analytics.
Information You Provide Directly to Rising Wines Collective. We may collect Information you directly provide to Rising Wines Collective, including the following Information:
- Account registration: Information you provide when you register on our Platform.
- Purchases and payments: Information you provide if you purchase products, services, or complete a transaction on the Platform or with us.
- Correspondence: Information you provide if you contact us in connection to inquiries and requests.
- Marketing: Information you provide if you sign up for marketing or other communications from us (such as email offers or marketing surveys).
- Promotions and events: Information you provide when you participate in events, contests, and promotions.
- User Content: Information you provide if you choose to engage in reviews, forums, blogs, or similar features.
- Information you provide by filling out other forms on the Platform or by signing up for loyalty or club programs.
Information Rising Wines Collective Collects Automatically: When you visit the Platform, our servers automatically record some Information. The Information collected automatically may include the following:
- The manufacturer and model of your device.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP), the Internet Protocol Address, and the domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol address to direct internet traffic to you.
- The browser type and operating system.
- The date and time you visited the Platform.
- The web pages you accessed on the Platform.
- The website you visited prior to coming to the Platform.
- Pixels in HTML emails to understand if individuals read the emails we send to them.
We may use different methods to automatically collect Information, which may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, click here.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Platform may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Platform statistics.
- Google Analytics Advertising Features. We also may have the following Google Analytics Advertising Features Implemented: Demographics and Interest reporting, Remarketing, GDN Impression Reporting and Double Click Campaign Manager. These features collect data using Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. Rising Wines Collective and third party vendors use these first-party cookies to access the success of online marketing campaigns, inform future campaigns and improve usability on the Platform. To learn how to opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features we use, please see Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs for the web at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Through other Third Parties. We also may obtain Information from data brokers, public records, our partners, social media, and other third-party sources.
How Rising Wines Collective Uses Information it Collects
We may use the Information you provide to us and that we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To present the Platform and the Site Content (as defined in the Terms and Conditions) to you.
- To provide you the products and services that you request from us, including to fulfill your orders, facilitate events you participate in, and determine what products may or may not be available to sell and ship to a particular state or other jurisdiction.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products we offer or provide.
- To communicate with you regarding our products, including for marketing purposes and through surveys, newsletters, offers, and other promotions.
- To facilitate loyalty or club programs.
- To personalize your experience and our advertising to you.
- To provide customer support, including responding to your requests and inquiries.
- To analyze, improve, and update the Platform and our services, including to better understand how users access and use our services and Platform.
- To protect our business operations, including violations of the Policy, our Terms and Conditions, and other agreements or policies.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the Information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Platform statistics are compiled into traffic reports, which help Rising Wines Collective understand, anticipate, and respond to user needs. If we learn, for example, of heightened interest in certain aspects of the Platform, we are likely to highlight that information on the Platform home page. This Information helps us create a better overall experience for Platform users.
We will only retain your Information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements. In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your legal rights below for further information. In some circumstances, we will anonymize your Personal Information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
When Rising Wines Collective Shares Your Information
We may use and disclose Non-Personal Information about our users without restriction.
We may share or disclose the Personal Information that we collect as follows:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and franchisees.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including third party payment facilitators; age verification services; beverage alcohol compliance software services; customer satisfaction and support; order fulfillment and warehouse services; and application services providers.
- To a buyer or other successor (potential or actual) in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rising Wines Collectives assets, including any related due diligence.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the Information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rising Wines Collective or others. Including if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of such Information is reasonably necessary to detect or protect against fraud or security issues.
- With third parties that we have partnered with to jointly create and offer a product, service or joint promotion.
Rising Wines Collective does not sell your Personal Information.
Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf
We use third parties to help process your orders, host the Platform, design and operate the Platform features, and to perform administrative, analytics, and payment processing. Services these third parties provide include providing data to Rising Wines Collective about the use of the Platform and viewing of our content. We may disclose your Information to these companies so they can carry out these services. These companies are bound by contractual obligations to keep Information confidential.
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
Links to Other Websites and Services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the Platform, including the information or content contained therein. The Policy does not apply to third party websites or services.
Do Not Track
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. At this time, the Platform does not respond to DNT signals.
Rights and Choices
You may update your Personal Information in your account settings by signing in to the account portal, by emailing us at email@example.com, or as provided in Section 11. You may cancel your account registration and/or request removal of your Personal Information from our member records by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose not to provide Information, you may be unable to access all or portions of the Platform.
Your access to Personal Information is subject to applicable legal restrictions and the availability of such information. Further, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting such access or making corrections. Please note that we may maintain copies of Information that you have updated, modified, or deleted in our business records and in the normal course of our business operations, as permitted or required by applicable law. Further, we reserve the right to maintain information on registered users who have violated our Platform Terms and Conditions or who have had their access to the Platform blocked.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional communications from us, click on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. For text message communications, text “STOP,” and we will send you a text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You can also contact us at email@example.com to opt-out of marketing communications.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing/promotional emails, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. Please report your concerns about collection or use of Personal Information through the Platform to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a resident of the State of California, please see Section 10 for more information regarding your Personal Information.
Collecting Children’s Information
Users must be 21 or older to access the Platform and to place an order. Our services are not targeted or directed at children or individuals under age 21. We do not knowingly collect any Information from children or individuals under 21. If you believe we have inadvertently collected Information about a child, please contact us and we will take steps to delete this Information.
Additional Information for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides that California residents may have certain additional rights regarding their Personal Information. For purposes of this section, Personal Information has the meaning given in the CCPA.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include (i) a complete description of your request, including the specific right(s) you wish to exercise and (ii) sufficient information about you so we can confirm that your request is a verifiable customer request, including at a minimum, your name, and email address. Once we have received your verifiable consumer request, we endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period. If we deny your request, we will provide reasons for the denial.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order for us to process a request from your authorized agent, we must (i) confirm that the agent is a natural person or business entity registered with the Secretary of State that you have authorized to act on your behalf, (ii) receive from you a copy of the written authorization that provides the authorized agent to act on your behalf, and (iii) verify your identity by asking you to provide us sufficient information in order to do so. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
Access and Data Portability Rights
You rights include the right to ask for the following information collected about you over the prior 12 months:
- Categories of and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information.
- Purposes for collecting, using, or selling Personal Information.
- Categories of third parties with which we share Personal Information.
- Categories of personal information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- Categories of personal information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the Personal Information was sold.
You also have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected, subject to certain exceptions. Please review the Section 8 for more information about your ability to access, edit, or delete personal information through your account settings.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
The below describes the category of Personal Information we collect by reference to the statutory categories specified by the CCPA:
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Use of Personal Information
Under the CCPA, a “sale” means providing to a third-party Personal Information for valuable consideration. At this time, we don’t believe any of our data practices in the last 12 months constitute a “sale”.
Below is a list of categories of Personal Information that we have shared or disclosed to third parties for a business purpose:
The criteria used to determine the length of time Rising Wines Collective will retain your Personal Information with regard to the categories listed above is in Section 2 of this Privacy Notice.
We may further disclose each category of Personal Information to our affiliates, to our professional advisors, in connection with our compliance and protection activities, and in connection with business transfers as described above in this Policy.
Additionally, we may have programs, such as sweepstakes, contests, or other similar promotional campaigns (collectively, the “Programs”). When you sign up for one of these Programs, we typically ask you to provide your name and contact information (such as email address and/or telephone number). Because our Programs involve the collection of Personal Information, they might be interpreted as a “financial incentive” program under California law. The value of your Personal Information to us is related to the value of the free or discounted products or services or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the applicable Program. This value is based on the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to Program participants. You may withdraw from participating in a Program at any time by contacting us using the designated method set forth in the applicable Program rules. Visit the terms and conditions page of each Program to view full details, including how to join. Participation requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time by contacting us.
Additional information about the categories of Personal Information collected and the categories of sources from which Personal Information is collected is in Section 1. The purpose for collecting the Personal Information listed above is in Section 2 of this Policy. More information about the third parties with which we may share the Personal Information listed above can be found in Section 3.
California Shine the Light Law
If you are a California resident and a customer, you have the right to request information from us once per calendar year regarding the Personal Information we share with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To request this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Request for California Shine the Light Privacy Information’ in the subject line and the body of your message. We will provide the requested information via an email response in a standardized format, and the information will not be specific to you individually.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at: email@example.com or by mail at:
Rising Wines Collective
7683 SE 27th St. #333
Mercer Island, WA, 98040